Nokia has recently (finally!) released the 3rd firmware update for the E65. This one is v3.0633.69.00. It’s a very basic update which has the task to fix known bugs and improve the stability and won’t impress that much. Unlike the other revolutionary Nokia firmware updates, this one goes almost unnoticed.
Here are a few changes made from v2.0633.65.01 to v3.0633.69.00:
* Reading SMS time stamp information unified between regions
* SMS sending from SIM toolkit – Profile 07 improved
* Unicode handling with Turkish characters corrected
* Correction to fetching email from freemail server
* Intellisync: First time contact search improved
* After the startup, the phone recognizes the language to use from the SIM card
* SMSC is re-read from SIM after switch on
* Improvement of co-operation of Gizmo VoIP client and internet voice mailbox
* SIP proxy authentication corrected in outgoing call if two SIP profiles with same realm and user name
* Correction of Chinese word corruption with WAP browser
* Searching in Hebrew from portal corrected
* Wap GET/POST forms corrected when using Greek characters
* Reset during WAP browsing and MT calls corrected
* Start-up settings updated
* Settings wizard updated
* Start-up date changed to 1.1.2008
* Correction of NITZObserver with negative time zone values
* Localization improvements
My take: Not worth loosing all your data!!
To see if the new firmware is available for your E65 phone model, go here.