Boys will be boys or is this unisex?
1. Despite putting him to play in the center of the hall, he still crawls to the corner and tries picking up a dead cockroach to eat.
2. Despite having all his toys spread out on the floor, he crawls his way into a small gap between the tables and gets stuck there.
3. Despite blocking all possible ways of getting to that solitary plant in the living room, he still manages to find a way to get his hand into that soil.
4. Despite putting protective covers on table edges, he manages to go under the table and still bang his head on the table top.
5. Despite attaching a side stand to the bed so that he does not fall off, he uses it to stand up and make us look like fools.
6. Despite securing him in his pram, he manages to turn over and crawl out from an opening in the back of the pram.
7. Despite our best efforts to keep his thumb away from his mouth, he still manages to get his fingers, hands, even the thumbs of his feet into his mouth.
Despite all that and much more, he still does not flinch when he gets hurt, smiles back every single time you smile at him, smiles glowingly when his mom sings ‘chanda hai tu, mera sooraj hai tu’ to him as if he understood each word, says his ‘mummas’ and ‘babas’ in the cutest possible way and with the innocent of innocent expressions, , farts and burps away to glory, eats as if he’s never gonna be fed ever again and sleeps like there is no tomorrow.
Despite all the times we woke up in the middle of the night to change his nappy or have strolled around the room for god knows how long to put him back to sleep or made funny noises and felt like a baby ourselves just to amuse the little one, or held him closely just to make him feel secure and loved or the time when a kid missed his direction and threw a basketball on my baby and I got my hand in front just in time, or the time when I was trying to sit on a stool with him in my arms and the stool broke, he toppled off my hands but I dived and managed to grab him safely but hurting my back badly or the time when he has indigestion and his stomach hurts, we stay up all night to make him comfortable and much more…
Despite all that life has thrown our way, parenthood is by far the best thing that has happened to us. And we wouldn’t trade it for anything else in life.
And Ramadan Mubarak to one and all 🙂
p.s. Posts, comments and replies will be slow for a month due to fasting and lesser working hours.